16th Sep 2021 11:42 am
Chippenham Tennis Activity Update
The Tennis activity programme is hotting up this Autumn with Dillon our new tennis coach on board, please see the summary of activity.
The draws are on the board in the club house and please play your games as soon as possible. Contact Kim below
Tuesday Fast Tennis
First session was fun this week and we agreed to continue every Tuesday, so please turn up for a prompt start at 6pm, no slow play please! Contact Charles
Fridays 6pm to 8pm
Sundays 10am to 12 noon
Please contact Dillon for the following activity:
Seagry Cup 24 October
Dillon is organising the Seagry Cup tournament 10 am 24 October, no club session on this day, please let him know if you want to play
Tuesday Ladies Morning
First session is booked for Tuesday 21 September 10.30am
Monday Group Adult Lessons
Two sessions novice and intermediate
Minis and Juniors
Saturday Cardio Session
9am to 9.45am
Winter Mixed Team Tennis
A schedule of matches will run in the Chippenham District Tennis Winter League and the Swindon Winter league, we are looking to welcome new members into playing team tennis, please contact Kim and Mike to express your interest in playing, contacts below.
The Tennis Committee had a LTA presentation from our Welfare Officer Sarah Armitage on Tuesday 14th, we will be placing more signage at the tennis Club to ensure that confidential reporting of any safeguarding issues can be communicated to Sarah Armitage our welfare Officer.
Tennis Club Curry Evening 1 October
We are playing away from home! at Corsham 7pm 1 October at the Moonlight Indian Restaurant, early refreshment at the Methuen Arms please contact Hannah
Enjoy your tennis!
Charles email@example.com 07770382129
Sarah Armiitage Welfare Officer 01249 659876 firstname.lastname@example.org
19th Aug 2021 10:17 am
Welcome To Our New Tennis Coach
Welcome to our new Tennis Coach Dillon Slade
Dillon is taking over Beyond Tennis from Ben Elliott and will be on court on the 6 September 2021 for coaching both Juniors and Adults. Dillon is a very enthusiastic individual with a pedigree tennis career and is highly recommended by his peers.
Please see a synopsis of his career from Dillon and his key objectives
“Tennis coaching has been my career for six years plus already, from which I have worked my way up from an apprentice tennis coach at Team Bath Tennis to an LTA level 4 SCC and county coach of the year for Avon 2018. I have worked in a variety of settings and with people of all ages and abilities, including toddlers, adults, students, disability tennis players and academy players competing on an international platform. I have also worked full-time in two prestigious schools in the UK (Bradfield college and Elstree), which entailed heading up the 10&U performance programme at Bradfield college and running the school programme at Elstree school. During my one-year interim at these schools, I managed to obtain runner up development coach for the county of Berkshire.”
Dillon’s main objectives for Head Coach at Chippenham Tennis Club are:
– To be a full-time ‘front of house’ coach at the club, providing members a friendly experience both on and off the court
– Continue with the already well-established coaching programme setup by my ex-colleague Ben Elliott
– Offer more daytime coaching via 1-1 individual lessons and group sessions such as ladies’ mornings and toddler tennis
– Offer inclusive tennis for all disabilities
– Consistently run tournaments on the weekends throughout the calendar year
– Improve the overall ‘performance’ of the tennis across all age groups and potentially create players that can go on and receive scholarships / academy positions at Bath University
– Ensure that the adult programme is thriving by offering all avenues of tennis, including social and competitive tennis.
– I’m certified in cardio tennis and thoroughly enjoy these sessions so I would like to incorporate this into the programme
– I’m also a certified racket stringer”
Dillon is open for business and you can book lessons with him via the following links:
Mobile 07584 420350